Saturday 17 October 2015

Stuffed

When I was a kid we used to go to Wollaton Hall and Deer Park on a Sunday occasionally. Wollaton Hall is a spectacular Elizabethan mansion designed by Robert Smythson and built by Sir Francis Willoughby between 1580 and 1588 for his family. I particularly like the Natural History Museum and the stuffed animals and insects. My favourite and I could have stared at forever was the Gorilla! He's a looker don't you think?


It was probably then that I fell in love with taxidermy. I saw this below today and it fits right in with my love of all thing peculiar and bizarre. So do these.






Skulls and skeletons are favourites too. This artist is quite amazing. So intricate and humorous. Amazing site for bones, skulls and bits & bobs!



I've been to London's Natural History Museum, NYC and Manchester. Here's Manchester's Gorilla. Would love to go to this one in Berlin.




Weird stuff. If you like taxidermy and sculls. Just Google them but add the word Blog! Even found a film of 'How to stuff!" Gunther Von Hargen is a modern day genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment