Saturday 17 October 2015

Art - My Collection

My Art collection is small and not worth thousands but each piece is personal and tells a story.

I’ve got these two Trevor Brown prints that were given to me by a dear friend for my birthday. They had previously been on her wall. I’d expressed how much I love them and next thing you know – they’re mine!




Trevor Brown has a book out called Alice and I would love that as it's my favourite childhood story.  You can send an ecard from his site too. Great for cheapskates birthday cards! Here are couple of images from the 'Alice' book.




Here is a photo Boy George gave me. It’s a photo printed onto canvas of Amanda Lepore. He shot her whilst living in NYC. I love it. I think she is amazing, weird and wonderful. This is the second picture he’s given me. He also gave me a bejewlled military jacket too. George is lovely. He's a great person to follow on Twitter – very funny.


Vania Zouravliov produced six images for Club RUB flyers about ten years ago. He gave me this image below as a gift shortly after that. I also commissioned him to do a piece for a friends 40th birthday. The key subjects being a knickerless lady with a monkey! He did an amazing job and she loved it.

Russian-born Vania’s surreally haunting illustrations capture a mixture of innocence, brutality, beauty, macabre, erotic scenes and decay. His resulting drawings are elaborately composed and demonstrate the technical brilliance of an old master.  



This one is a DotMasters print - a limited edition of performance artist Roxy Velvet.  It's huge. My friend, one of the c6.org collective of artists, gave it to me for my birthday in 2008. At Glastonbury 2009 I met Roxy and told her she was on my wall. He also came and stencilled it on the front of the building I live in. Unfortunately it was removed by my neighbour.





I have two framed shot of myself taken by Rankin. The Rankin!




I now have a Seb Lester print - Jerusalem.
























No comments:

Post a Comment