Friday 25 December 2015

Painting Project

Painting isn't something I do everyday of the week, but in an effort to have an interesting Christmas period - 2015, I decided to buy a canvas. It's quite large, probably A2, so I have my work cut out for me.

The subject of this piece of art, I have decided is religious iconography. I started a Pinterest board to give me a little inspiration.

I'd decided to add a few things that you might not find in a traditional "Madonna' image. She will be holding a Sacred Heart and to the best of my knowledge the Virgin Mary never held one of those.

I wanted it to be something I would be happy to look at everyday, as it will sit on the wall in my home. I bought fluorescent orange and pink...not sure you could say they were traditional colours either!

So far so good...

I didn't get much further with the art above but I did start, and have finished, a rubber 'pop art' picture entitled Frottage.

1 comment: