Thursday 26 November 2015

Marlow On The Water

My four autumn trips of 2015 are all based around water. First I went to Brighton, then Hastings. This trip is to near Marlow, on the Thames staying with old old friend. 

Just before Christmas I go to Skegness...it must be the Cancerian in me, that draws me to these watery places.

My friend Tim bought this boat in the late Summer of 2015, so it will be the first time he journeys through the seasons (by the riverbanks). Must be nice watching the season change on the water.



Arriving at the beginning of the Autumn, means he has watched every leaf, fall off every tree. It's chilly but delightful time of the year.



On the Monday we had to go into Reading to find dancing shoes, as I'd forgotten to bring mine. In the evening we went to a Ceroc class. Tim picked it up really easily as he'd done it 20 years ago (so it must be like riding a bike). Everyone was friendly and I danced all night. It seemed so different (friendly) to the Ceroc meetings in London...that's London for you!

On the Tuesday we went for a drive, trying to catch a glimpse of George Clooney's house in Sonning. However, it's like a fortress for obvious reasons. Hennely On Thames is pretty, then we stopped in Hambleden for tea and I bought some locally made Ginger Preserve. 

Finishing off in Marlow and a quick look at the shops, were I picked up a hard-backed copy of War Of The Roses for £2.99.



Tim Lloyd at Hambledon Village church and local architecture.



Tim's boat is only a few years old and it is finished to a very high standard. You can't even tell you're on water! In the evening we went to the Marina pub and had a sing-a-long with the Karaoke guy. A wonderful two days seeing my darling friend Tim, on the water, near Marlowe. Any only an hour from Liverpool Street Station to Reading. I will be back as the seasons change.








No comments:

Post a Comment